Evolution of an Artist

The greatest joys of motherhood are maybe: hearing your child say they love you, seeing them be genuinely good people, and watching them grow and become a unique individual.

Maybe it's a silly little thing to call my tiny guys artists, but creativity is dear to my heart, and I get a special thrill out of seeing how they grow in their artsy endeavors. We get messy with crafts and art projects pretty often at home, but I love seeing how they work when they are at school, with their art teacher and among a class of their friends. The instructional pieces they make in art class are like a window into a part of them I don't know as well. But when we visit their art show every year, they proudly present their efforts like a wonderful piece of themselves they can't wait to share with us.

And I get a serious thrill out if it myself.

My first born has been showing us his pieces in the art show for three years now, and I love looking back and seeing how he has evolved.







And I can't wait to watch my next little school-age cutie evolve from here now, too.




Comments