Legs & Chocolate Ice Cream.

I'm not exactly sure what's come over me, but since going to Florida a few weeks ago, I've actually felt like exercising again.

I sort of explained it a little a few posts ago, but it just boils down to the fact that I felt like it, and then once I did it, I liked the feeling so I did it again. I'm about 12 days into working out again, and I've done something active for 10 of those days. I know it hasn't been all that long....but I already feel stronger. My workouts are getting easier, my body feels tighter and more capable. I'm less sore after each workout, I feel empowered during them, and I actually crave doing it.

Fabulous, I suppose, except that my eating has been sort of terrible.

icecream-1209869_1920

Not....terrible-terrible. Like, for example, I spent all day at a vendor show and packed a salad with vinaigrette, greek yogurt & pirates booty for my lunch while my neighbors all chowed down on hot dogs and pop. But then...I follow it with some fun size candy bars (because they were out on my table), and I also realize that if I were truly caring about my overall health I would not be eating the sugary flavors of greek yogurt, and I would have used just vinegar on my salad instead of a dressing, and the pirates booty wouldn't even be glanced at.

The truth is, though...this anti-spring we've had lately has been crushing my healthy eating habits...and I mean crushing in the bad way.

Most of my days, I don't even want to hear about a vegetable. Sure, I'll steam something for dinner, but during the day? For lunch? For a snack? At breakfast? Forget it. I'm turning to things that I know better not to. Like....cereal. Doesn't matter that it's gluten free and I eat it with almond milk, it's sugary sugar carbs. And at dinner, I'm totally eating rice and corn tortillas and too many condiments.

I'm not being hard on myself, just kind of laughing at my weirdness, and wondering what I'd be capable of if I could be less affected by the weather. At the moment, I'm apparently on a quest for both strong, sexy legs and bowls of chocolate ice cream. I want it all, man.

It feels good to be friends with exercise again, though. Especially the way I'm doing it....listening to my body, hearing what it feels like doing, and then coaxing it towards a little movement. Seeing it tighten and firm and strengthen is fun, too. I love that I have no routine or schedule or deadline. I'm not trying to loose pounds or fit into anything (though my belt went a notch tighter today!) I'm just staring down summer, slipping on a pair of shorts, and looking down at my legs and thinking....cool, I don't hate those. I mean, I can have that and chocolate ice cream, can't I?

Comments